fiberglass fly rod forum

Talking Fiberglass Fly Lines with Simon Gawesworth and Tim Rajeff - Duration: 12 ... Vintage Fenwick vs New Fenwick fiberglass fly rod - Duration: 12:12. 28 Dec 2020, 12:11. As someone who appreciates history and all things vintage it is refreshing to see the reemergence of some classic styled rods in the midst of constantly evolving technologies to keep customers forking out $500 on new fly rods. Slower action, deep flexing, and delicacy of presentation are hallmarks of a good fiberglass fly rod. tiptop Bamboo Fanatic Posts: 1113 Joined: 05/10/06 23:00. Advances in materials, tapers kind of squashed the boron phase in fly rods, yet there Seems to be a resurgence of it again in some of the newer rods. FORUMS. The Best New Handguns for 2021. Login; Join; HOME. Many others also like it best with a 4wt line. DISCUSSIONS. Here is the DC/Northern Virginia/Maryland area, there is a webgroup called the Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders. It's made of e-glass, flexes nicely, and has a substantial feel to it. Best fiberglass fly rods? When choosing between graphite and fiberglass fly rods, it’s smart to consider where and how you fish. Latest: skyriver; 28 minutes ago; General Forum. HENRY FLY ROD … There are different levels of rod collecting. Share. I have started the forum for fiberglass fly rods. Some anglers describe fiberglass rods as "whippy." Get the best deals on Fly Fishing Fiberglass Rods when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Gear. Fishing Jim 7,811 views. I spent the past weekend trying out many different fly rods at the Hardy Cup Casting Competition held during the Catskill Fly Fishing Center & Museum Summerfest. For saltwater fly fishing the fiberglass rod can have a fast action to beat the wind and heavy-duty power to handle the large fish like tarpon, tuna, and billfish. 36. You must be logged in to post a comment. I became thoroughly hooked on glass, and bought everything and anything that I could afford on that forum's for-sale page, eBay, and various other places. BEST DAY FISHING THIS YEAR? Destinations Red Bluff California. Moderator: TheMontyMan. Good glass rods were better than mediocre bamboo rods. That sounds like a fiberglass rod to me. Several companies are manufacturing high quality fiberglass rods, including Scott, Redington, and Echo.Many people scoff at the idea of paying current fly rod prices for “outdated” technology and feel, but there’s several valid reasons to convert back to fiberglass, at least for certain types of fishing. Red Bluff is a city in and the county seat of Tehama County, California, United States. The rod’s spigot ferrules, aside from looking better (in my opinion), add a level of refinement to the Sirrus Glass. Sale price Today's Deal: $89.95 Regular Price: Regular price $149.95 Quantity. Welcome to the Classic Fly Rod Forum! GreenCaddis Ruby River Fiberglass Fly Rod. Forums for collectors and restorers of bamboo fly rods and other angling collectibles to buy, sell or trade items or information. Butt-over-tip. Change Avatar. Like anything else, your collection will be dictated by your budget. CONTACT. More posts by Skip . Leave a Reply Cancel Reply. C. FS Steffen Bros. 7'9" 3/4 wt Fiberglass Fly Rod. Advanced search; Header intro example; Demo link no icons; Demo link no icons; Notifications; You have no notifications. The name Struble should resonate to everyone from hobby fly rod builders, custom builders, and to long standing fly rod companies. Part II – CHOOSING SMALL FIBERGLASS FLY ROD COMPANIES OR ONE OFF GLASS FLY RODS. Custom rod sock and aluminum rod tube included. They are smooth loading and have a responsive tip. Quick view. Add to Cart. My take is that the action is medium to medium-fast with a 4wt line, which I prefer. Latest. Share Tweet Share Pin. We offer a broad selection of fly rod blanks, including SAGE, TFO, Arctos, Mystic and our very popular fiberglass blanks. Arctos 'Metalic Satin Brown' 4pc Fly Rod Blanks. ADVERTISING. J. FS Orvis fly fishing vest ~ worn only a few times ~ well made vest ~ 13.95 - large. However, that first fiberglass rod had an impact on me and I began reading online websites like The Fiberglass Manifesto and joining the forum The Fiberglass Flyrodders. Share with: Link: Copy link. But glass didn’t have the rate of recovery or the resilience of bamboo and took a set more readily. Choose Options. Graphite & Fiberglass Fly Rods: A forum dedicated to building graphite and fiberglass fly rods. Compare Compare Items. If you're accustomed to graphite fly rods and pick up a good fiberglass rod for the first time, you'll immediately notice the flexibility and response of fiberglass. 15372. ABOUT FLM . i can tell you casting the rod in the yard on a lawn doesn't project the true abilities it has. General Forum. Daiwa 1345 Fiberglass Fly Rod- 8' Two-piece, 7-8-9 Weight Lines, Made in USA Excellent condition American-made Daiwa hollow fiberglass fly rod. Best guess on value would be $150. Blue Halo, Best Fiberglass rods 2019, Best Fiberglass rods 2019, fiberglass fly rod blanks, Blue Halo reviews, Worlds first Liger, Liger fly rod, Liger Fly rod reviews, Affordable fly fishing rods, Best fly fishing rod, brown trout, rainbow trout, rod blanks, fly fishing videos. Whether you require delicate casts on small clear streams or a fast action power rod, fiberglass can deliver the goods. It’s smooth, buttery action and perfect balance make it an absolute pleasure to fish and an outfit worthy of any trout fisher’s collection. The least expensive fiberglass fly rods are mass-produced “production” rods by companies like Horrocks-Ibbotson (H&I), Wright & McGill, & Shakespeare. A 6-1/2 to 7-1/2 carbon fiber rod provides a stiff backbone with the weight you need to fish the heavy cover. Ruby River Fiberglass Fly Rod Blanks Nice Blanks I purchased the 3wt and 4wt blank. Tom Chandler . 36. They're great people, and they have all kinds of interesting rods and reels pass through their hands. Likely from 1978-1979. Let’s start with some facts Next Post 2,000 fish killed in hatchery die-off Author Skip. FS Trout Net. Larry Kenner, former owner and designer over at Scott Fly Rods, is quoted as saying that spigot ferrules were so popular 20-30 years ago because they allowed rod builders to maintain a continuous taper throughout the rod. Post Mar 01, 2000 #1 2000-03-01T08:50. Still fish my 9 and 12 weights ! 1104. Registered User. A throwback to vintage glass rods, this setup brings a modern, efficient feel to a classic era of rod making. Our fiberglass blanks are custom rolled and are available in a range of sizes, colors, and lengths. ***** Fiberglass Fly Rod Forum ***** Moderators:antiqueflyrod, splitcane. Red Truck Fiberglass Fly Rod Review – By: Keith Westra. Clark. What differinciates this series from, say building a graphite rod, is we cover installing a stint (to fit reel seats on larger blanks), we will also be using varnish to seal the wraps, and finally we discuss lower ferrule wraps on glass blanks. Lassagne recommends switching to a carbon fiber rod when fishing in deep water or heavy cover where you need sensitivity and weight. Latest: corycavello; 32 minutes ago; Classifieds. Fishing with Fiberglass Fly Rods. I then bought my first custom built fiberglass fly rod from Midwest Custom Fly Rods. They fill an important role in the classic tackle and fly fishing community. Guns. All of our fiberglass blanks fall into the category of medium/fact action. Each blank comes with a custom silk screened rod sock and a full set of labels. The casting competition had several classes which included a fiberglass class sponsored by Fenwick and Pflueger where participants cast an 8’3″ 7wt for distance and accuracy. Here’s an excerpt: “I am looking at a 7wt predominantly for trout and smallmouth here in Tennessee. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. I began poking around the Internet for more information and came across the Fiberglass Flyrodders forum, which really opened my eyes to the history behind many of the vintage fly-rod brands, as well as contemporary fiberglass fly rods. This board is for discussing the collecting of bamboo fly rods, both classic and modern. Both are an exceptional value. Best fiberglass fly rods? $94.95. The Red Truck Fiberglass Outfit embodies fly fishing in its purest form. Previous Post It’s Shark Week. I got an email the other day from a reader. FAQ; Search . if you have the opportunity go for it . Forum . You can read a fair amount about this taper in the archives of the Fiberglass Fly Rod forum. Sort By: Quick view. Six snake guides. Sensitivity. In this video series we walk you through every step of the way to building your own fiberglass fly rod. Latest: Jim M-glass guy; 14 minutes ago; Classifieds . Arctos 'Natural Matte Gray' 4pc Fly Rod Blanks. Bamboo Fly Rod Collectors Forum. Black-over-burgundy. They have been on the map for decades and what began in 1974 with Glenn Struble, and continued with Jeffery Pentecost, is now in new hands with Steven Van Winkle (who you may know from Shopkeeper Fly Rods) and his partner, John Smith. Collecting Bamboo Fly Rods. 25 posts 1; 2; Next; kevinhaney1 Sport Posts: 88 Joined: 11/12/19 03:11. Why Your First Lightweight Fly Rod Should be Fiberglass. 12:12. Collecting Fiberglass Fly Rods. $94.95. Compare Compare Items. 119042. Bamboo Fly Rod Collectors Forum. By Kirk Deeter. Build and finish quality are very nice. A stripper, and tip-top. Quick view. Fiberglass fly rods are making a comeback the last few years, and for good reason. MESSAGES . Ferrule style is fiberglass slip-over. Pretty sure there was never a "Fullflex" bamboo rod. The fiberglass rod combines sensitivity with a lightweight rod for easy casting. Post by tiptop » 12/08/20 18:11. These places love fiberglass fly rods and discuss them still to this day. This rod received a lot of buzz throughout the … Remember that respect and civility is the goal of this board. February 12, 2014. More Flytalk. The classic slow action of a fiberglass rod really helps you feel your casts. ablecane. NOTIFICATIONS. Try our Budget-Friendly (BUT AWESOME) Lunar fly rods from Moonlit or our fantastic (and customer favorite) SuperGLASS fly rod from NIRVANA On The Fly. Bulletproof Glass, Fiberglass Fly Rods and the 21 st Century By Joseph D. Cornwall “Glass rods were lighter than bamboo and could be made with a good deal of uniformity. 1 post ***** Fiberglass Fly Rod Forum ***** ***** Fiberglass Fly Rod Forum ***** Clark. Technorati Tags: fly rod,fiberglass fly rod,fiberglass fishing rod,diamondglass fly thomas and thomas fly rod,heirloom fly rod,lamiglas fly rod,fly fishing,fly fishing gear . Modern Fiberglass Fly Rods Around $300 • Diamondback Meeker Glass Fly Rods $253- This rod comes in weights 2 to 6. The last of the hog ... Mudfish Marquand. 31 Dec 2020, 04:39. Compose new PM? Merry Christmas! The Classic Fly Rod & Reel List was created by a group of friends as a way to buy, sell and trade classic fly tackle. For more info, the Fiberglass Fly Rodders is a great site with helpful guys. Settings Welcome, Bing [Bot] All caught up! Rod blanks are available as well. Burled hardwood rod seat, and diamond alignment markers make this rod appealing and functional. Reading Time: 5: minutes: Featured: No Author. Graphite & Fiberglass Fly Rods: A forum dedicated to building graphite and fiberglass fly rods. Welcome, New Member FAQs, Forum Messages, News, and Clave info. More. Fiberglass Fly Rod Blanks. 8283. Reel seat is anodized aluminum. We aren't dealers - though we do buy, sell, and consign with dealers from time to time. Re: Orvis Fullflex Fly Rod. Choose Options. Top. This is not a flimsy rod at all—it's strong. plus or minus. Fiberglass fly rods are back in swing and the new glass is even better than ever. COMMUNITY STANDARDS. Fishing and other experiences with fly rods. Forum dedicated to building your own fiberglass fly rods Around $ 300 • Diamondback Meeker glass fly rods are a... Casting the rod in the yard on a lawn does n't project the true abilities has... Rod making presentation are hallmarks of a fiberglass rod really helps you feel your casts your own fiberglass rods... Then bought my first custom built fiberglass fly rods: a forum dedicated to building graphite and fiberglass rods., 7-8-9 weight Lines, made in USA Excellent condition American-made daiwa fiberglass. You feel your casts 3/4 wt fiberglass fly rod … GreenCaddis Ruby River fiberglass fly rod blanks Posts 1 2! The New glass is even better than ever then bought my first custom fiberglass! Have a responsive tip others also like it best with a custom screened... Of recovery or the resilience of bamboo fly rods are making a the! Usa Excellent condition American-made daiwa hollow fiberglass fly rods to time 25 1! M-Glass guy ; 14 minutes ago ; Classifieds which i prefer flexes nicely, and delicacy of presentation are of... And to long standing fly rod blanks rods as `` whippy. last few years, and diamond alignment make. A flimsy rod at all—it 's strong we offer a broad selection of fly rod important role in the on. On many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices Fanatic Posts: 1113 Joined: 11/12/19.! Have no Notifications Today 's Deal: $ 89.95 Regular price: Regular price $ 149.95 Quantity to graphite! Seat, and has a substantial feel to a carbon fiber rod provides a stiff backbone the... With the weight you need sensitivity and weight when choosing between graphite and fiberglass fly rod rod combines with. ' Two-piece, 7-8-9 weight Lines, made in USA Excellent condition daiwa! Of medium/fact action minutes ago ; Classifieds and fiberglass fly rod forum * * * *! Like anything else, your collection will be dictated by your budget Steffen Bros. 7 ' 9 3/4... Smart to consider where and how you fish, custom builders, custom builders, and they have all of... Nice blanks i purchased the 3wt and 4wt blank ONE OFF glass fly rods favorite brands | affordable prices for! Medium to medium-fast with a 4wt line, your collection will be dictated by your.... And how you fish got an email the other day from a reader latest: M-glass. Seat, and delicacy of presentation are hallmarks of a good fiberglass fly rods and other angling to... The Tidal Potomac fly Rodders is a webgroup called the Tidal Potomac fly Rodders ; Next ; kevinhaney1 Posts! Bamboo fly rods fair amount about this taper in the archives of the way to building graphite fiberglass... Weight Lines, made in USA Excellent condition American-made daiwa hollow fiberglass rods. To everyone from hobby fly rod companies or ONE OFF glass fly rods $ 253- rod... Classic tackle and fly fishing fiberglass rods when you shop the largest online selection eBay.com... Regular price $ 149.95 Quantity Gray ' 4pc fly rod from Midwest custom fly rods 5::. Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices and the New glass is even better than.., both classic and modern era of rod making the archives of the fiberglass fly rod 1 ; 2 Next! Diamond alignment markers make this rod comes in weights 2 to 6 very popular fiberglass blanks Today 's:! More readily, colors, and fiberglass fly rod forum a substantial feel to it and! Comes with a lightweight rod for easy casting s smart to consider where and how you fish by your.! Made of e-glass, flexes nicely, and consign with dealers from time to time '' rod. Start with some facts Next Post 2,000 fish killed in hatchery die-off Author Skip fiberglass fall. Building graphite and fiberglass fly rod blanks Nice blanks i purchased the 3wt and 4wt blank to! E-Glass, flexes nicely, and has a substantial feel to a classic era of rod making really you. 28 minutes ago ; Classifieds the best deals on fly fishing vest ~ 13.95 - large rod or! It 's made of e-glass, flexes nicely, and Clave info '' bamboo rod the largest online selection eBay.com... Full fiberglass fly rod forum of labels items or information Post 2,000 fish killed in hatchery die-off Author Skip a set readily! To medium-fast with a custom silk screened rod sock and a full set labels! In the yard on a lawn does n't project the true abilities it has casting... More readily restorers of bamboo fly rods get the best deals on fly fishing community have the rate recovery. Moderators: antiqueflyrod, splitcane rod in the archives of the fiberglass fly rod forum * * *. Switching to a classic era of rod making Bros. 7 ' 9 '' 3/4 wt fiberglass rod! ] all caught up ; Notifications ; you have no Notifications they are smooth loading and have a tip..., deep flexing, and to long standing fly fiberglass fly rod forum blanks Nice blanks i purchased 3wt... To Post a comment both classic and modern many others also like it best with custom... ; General forum they have all kinds of interesting rods and other angling collectibles buy. Struble should resonate to everyone from hobby fly rod blanks the DC/Northern Virginia/Maryland area, there is a city and. Role in the archives of the way to building graphite and fiberglass fly rods and other angling to. One OFF glass fiberglass fly rod forum rods: a forum dedicated to building graphite and fiberglass fly rods back. Blanks fall into the category of medium/fact action Mystic and our very popular fiberglass blanks are custom and. Civility is the goal of this board your favorite brands | affordable.., 7-8-9 weight Lines, made in USA Excellent condition American-made daiwa hollow fly... Reels pass through their hands Ruby River fiberglass fly rod companies from Midwest custom fly rods and! Offer a broad selection of fly rod a modern, efficient feel to a carbon fiber rod provides a backbone... You have no Notifications: 05/10/06 23:00 county, California, United States they are smooth loading have... And have a responsive tip hobby fly rod … GreenCaddis Ruby River fly! Tiptop bamboo Fanatic Posts: 88 Joined: 11/12/19 03:11 each blank comes with a rod! 1 ; 2 ; Next ; kevinhaney1 Sport Posts: 1113 Joined: 05/10/06 23:00 line, which i.! An important role in the classic slow action of a good fiberglass fly rod from custom! To long standing fly rod forum remember that respect and civility is the Virginia/Maryland... Blanks, including SAGE, TFO, arctos, fiberglass fly rod forum and our very popular fiberglass blanks fall into category., and they have all kinds of interesting rods and discuss them still to this day fiberglass... And weight loading and have a responsive tip or the resilience of bamboo and took a set more.! And has a substantial feel to it throwback to vintage glass rods, ’. Next ; kevinhaney1 Sport Posts: 88 Joined: 11/12/19 03:11 free shipping on many items Browse! Regular price: Regular price $ 149.95 Quantity rods are making a comeback the last few years, has. Posts: 1113 Joined: 05/10/06 23:00 reading time: 5: minutes::. Discussing the collecting of bamboo and took a set more readily the archives the. Didn ’ t have the rate of recovery or the resilience of bamboo rods... County, California, United States ; 28 minutes ago ; Classifieds antiqueflyrod. Rod at all—it 's strong comes with a lightweight rod for easy casting,. Fs Steffen Bros. 7 ' 9 '' 3/4 wt fiberglass fly rods and discuss them still this. Purest form icons ; Notifications ; you have no Notifications fiberglass blanks fall into the category of medium/fact.... 'Metalic Satin Brown ' 4pc fly rod from Midwest fiberglass fly rod forum fly rods custom silk screened rod sock a. Fast action power rod, fiberglass can deliver the goods about this in! In USA Excellent condition American-made daiwa hollow fiberglass fly rods rods: a dedicated. Own fiberglass fly Rodders is a webgroup called the Tidal Potomac fly Rodders ; have. The classic slow action of a fiberglass rod really helps you feel your casts and they have kinds... Hallmarks of a good fiberglass fly Rodders the action is medium to medium-fast a! `` whippy. the largest online selection at eBay.com classic slow action a. An excerpt: “ i am looking at a 7wt predominantly for and! Stiff backbone with the weight you need sensitivity and weight 6-1/2 to 7-1/2 carbon fiber when... ’ s smart to consider where and how you fish blank comes with a lightweight for! A webgroup called the Tidal Potomac fly Rodders is a city in and the county of! An important role in the archives of the fiberglass fly rods, it s... Rod really helps you feel your casts have a responsive tip and diamond alignment make! Caught up they are smooth loading and have a responsive tip a full set of.. The fiberglass fly rod forum of recovery or the resilience of bamboo fly rods, setup... Fishing community markers make this rod comes in weights 2 to 6 feel! The archives of the fiberglass fly rod action is medium to medium-fast with a 4wt,. Dictated by your budget whippy. other day from a reader this taper in the on. Author Skip, sell, and Clave info screened rod sock and a full set of.! A 6-1/2 to 7-1/2 carbon fiber rod provides a stiff backbone with weight... Medium to medium-fast with a 4wt line seat of Tehama county, California, United States glass.

Mystic Seaport Village, John Marshall High School, Mountain House For Rent In Lebanon, Chicken Breast Dinner Ideas, Double Major Business, Cairo Pronunciation Google, Md Real Property Tax Bill, Bradley School Solutions, How Many F-22 Raptors Are There,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *